Hi. I'm Pete Otto, President of the Rotorua Anglers Association. Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you will find what you are looking for. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our committee members whose details are on our Contact Us page.
If you are interested in finding out more about us, you are more than welcome to join our members for our regular social evening every Friday at our clubrooms from 5-7 p.m. There is a bar which serves a selection of drinks with soft options. Tea and coffee is also available. Hot chips are usually served at 6 pm. This is an opportunity to make and meet friends and talk about past and future fishing. Details are given about the next club outing. A monthly newsletter is emailed to all members and some hardcopies are available at the clubrooms on the first Friday of the month. There are monthly pot-luck meals or club BBQ’s .
I hope to see you at the clubrooms.
Under COVID red light rules the committee has decided:
1) To use the clubhouse you must show a Vaccine Pass. You can email this to the Secretary who will enter your details on a database so you do not have to scan your pass each time.
2) Scan the QR code or sign in.
3) Sanitise your hands.
4) Socially distance.
The reasoning is as follows:
1) We are under operating under government regulations.
2) We need to protect our members - many are elderly with underlying health conditions.
3) We need to protect our club and not become a centre of interest.
4) There may be fines for non-compliance
For members who are not vaccinated:
1) You stay on our contacts list and will receive emailed updates.
2) You can join in outdoor events and fishing if the group is under 25 people.
3) We will review this if the rules change in the future.
COVID continues to provide challenges for the whole country. We thank everyone for their co-operation as we work through these difficult times.
You can find more information on the traffic light system here.